Cost effects of lithium ion technology
- Higher procurement costs, but on the other hand a significantly longer
- You will not need any battery changing stations or battery charging compartment.
- The human resource expenses for work related to battery maintenance and battery changing are eliminated.
- Lithium-ion technology requires a higher-quality charging technology
- Fast charges require an adjusted electrical infrastructure in some circumstances.
Cost effects of fuel cell technology
- Higher procurement costs can be expected due to the higher complexity
of the fuel cell.
- You will not need any battery changing stations or battery charging compartments.
- Reduced human resources overhead because battery charging is eliminated.
- Increased human resources costs due to higher maintenance overhead.
- Fuel cell technology requires the installation of high-pressure hydrogen storage and filling stations on company premises.
- The very high infrastructure costs can only be justified by a high number of trucks.
- Hydrogen is currently more expensive than electrical power in terms of its energy content. The price trend is not easily predictable.