This section describes how we set about significantly reducing human vibration.
- Mast retraction and extension damping
- Mast cylinder damping to protect driver and cargo
- Wide choice of seat adjustments to minimise vibration; up to two-thirds of total vibration is damped by a comfort seat
Along with a soft-sprung operator platform, the entire drive system is protected with ShockProtect. ShockProtect completely decouples the operator platform from all impacts.
The ShockProtect system acts in the same way as a car’s shock absorbers, cushioning virtually any impact from bumps or other surface unevenness. A suspended drive system and sprung support wheels with ProTrackLink provide tangible protection for the driver, truck and cargo. The ProTracLink system continues to provide outstanding lateral stability even when the truck is travelling at high speeds around curves.
This relieves the stress on the driver’s spinal column. And there is also much less stress on the truck chassis.
For electric forklifts
- Floating cab – i.e. driver’s cab suspension separate from truck frame
- Use of low-vibration industrial motors
- Decoupling of motor vibration from chassis
- Mast cylinder damping
- Tilt cylinder with end position damping
- Wide choice of seat adjustments to minimise vibration; up to two-thirds of total vibration is damped by a comfort seat.